Implementing async binary clients in pure PHP
- Have you ever think how PDO work under the hood?
- What if tomorrow you need to write own DB driver from scratch?
- How to approach such tasks and get around the pitfalls?
- Is it possible to achieve in pure PHP performance comparable to the C extension?
In this talk I will try to answer these and other questions related to the development of clients for various binary protocols. We also analyze the nuances of the asynchronous driver implementation and dive into the world of low-level and not-so-optimizations.
- Has more than 10 years PHP development experience.
- Maintainer of async PHP libraries kit .
- Promotes async multitasking approach for PHP community.
- DDD, CQRS, Event Sourcing and Actor Model enthusiast.
- Writes "pet" projects with C#.