Azure Resource Manager or how to create your cloud infrastructure by the power of thought
When you start working with some new technology it's always easier to start with some GUI. After you mastered it, you can switch to more "scripting way". This is obviously for the better, because now you can automate all routine tasks and enjoy your life. But, what if I will told you, that there is even more efficient way to automate everything?
During this topic we will go through several tools for managing your infrastructure in Microsoft Azure cloud. First, we will start with Azure Portal as a tool you can easily start using at the beginning of your journey to cloud. Then we will switch to PowerShell and Cross Platform console tools to manage your Azure subscription resources. After that we will switch to Azure Resource Manager. This is the most powerful way to manage your Azure resources. The main concept of Azure Resource Manager is to give you the ability to create a template which will describe all needed resources with all required dependencies, configuration parameters, etc. The declarative way has a lot of benefits: it's much easier for humans to read and understand it, the resources can be created in parallel and resource provision will consume less time, etc.
We will see a lot of demoes about Azure Resource manager during this session.
- Founder and main speaker at Ukrainian Microsoft Azure Community.
- 15+ years in application development.
- Builds apps based on Microsoft Azure platform since 2011.
- Microsoft Azure technical expert.
- Microsoft Azure MVP since 2014.
- Owner and one of the organizers of the most popular Microsoft Azure conferences in Ukraine: Azure Day and Global Azure Bootcamp.
- Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, MVP