Query Execution: Expectation - Reality (Level 300)
Yes, this is very wide problem: you expect something, but reality is a bit different.
You expect that query will run 1 sec, but it runs (Oh, my God!) 1 hour. You expect that your query will perform index seek, but it performs index scan instead. You expect your query doesn't use locks, but it uses them.
So this session will be focused on understanding the internals of such situations and making our expectations more close to reality.
- Works as a Data Architect at Intapp, Inc. Databases - are his passion.
- He has a wide experience in the development of highly scalable SQL Server and SQL Azure based projects.
- Microsoft Data Platform MVP since 2010.
- He often gives talks about SQL Server on conferences and user-group meetings.
- He also is a SQL community enthusiast.