Real-time Collaborative Text Editing on Grammarly’s Front-End Team [ru]
Real-time collaboration editing is a common task on the modern web. I will tell you about how the Grammarly Front-End team has solved it in creating the Grammarly Editor. This talk will focus on the complexity, communication protocols, and the nuances of implementing it on the front-end.
- Tech Lead, Software Engineer at Grammarly
- Has more than 10 years of experience in front-end development using various technologies, from Rails to Typescript
- Focused on creating the Grammarly Editor, an AI-powered writing assistant for Grammarly’s 30 million daily active users, for the last 5 years
- Contributes to Focal, an open-source reactive state management framework, in his spare time
- Co-hosts weekly talks in devua.club