Practical tips on build optimization for those who use Gitlab, Gradle, Docker
This talk is about optimization mechanisms available in 3 developer tools which are often used together (Gitlab, Gradle, Docker). For each tool, I'll describe the options, how to enable them, and include guidance on which ones you should enable. I'll also mention some common pitfalls and handy tricks. The talk should be useful even for those who use just 1 or 2 out of 3 tools.
- Backend engineer at Grammarly
- Previously worked at Amazon
- Mostly writes in Java these days
- Curious about building tools and their impact on productivity
- Academic interest: spellchecking and dictionary compression