[WORKSHOP] Full Stack App via Hipster Cloud [ukr]
When people think about deploying full stack applications in the cloud, they usually think about providers like Azure, AWS, GCP, their notoriously confusing user interfaces, complex CI/CD pipelines, expensive bills, etc. But what if you're working on a hobby project or just want to prototype something out really quick?
It doesn't have to be difficult! In this workshop we will go through the process of creating a simple full stack app, setting up a local development environment for it, and building a complete CI/CD pipeline for its deployment in the "hipster" cloud - with relative ease and zero cost.
We'll rely on (and possibly learn about) the following technologies:
- ASP.NET Core
- React (CRA + TypeScript)
- Docker & Docker Compose
- GitHub Actions
- Overview of the technologies we'll be using
- Creating an ASP.NET Core API (w/ PostgreSQL)
- Running it locally in a Docker container
- Creating a React app
- Running it locally together with the API using Docker Compose
- Using OpenAPI to generate type-safe API client for use in the React app
- Setting up CI/CD pipeline using GitHub Actions
- Deploying the API to Heroku
- Deploying the app to Netlify
- Extrapolating: What's next?
- Software consultant focusing on developer tooling & developer experience
- He spends some of his free time speaking at conferences, writing technical articles, and doing open source — the projects he maintains have earned over 15000 stars on GitHub and millions of downloads
- His community engagement has also been recognized with awards, such as Microsoft MVP and GitHub Star
- Twitter, Github