Going container for .NET Core in the cloud [Workshop]
This workshop will be about running your .NET Core solutions using Docker containers in the cloud. It is going to cover a mixture of code, new tooling, container hosting, Azure resources and Azure DevOps. The workshop will be mostly demos to show you the new world of working with containers technology as a .NET developer or architect.
We will look at the entire lifecycle from start to finish and taking .NET Core source code all the way to running in Azure, completely automated. You are going to learn about container tooling, the changes to make in your .NET Core code to build for containers. Also, you will learn what DevOps practices you need to deploy to Azure fast and frequently.
After this workshop you can confidently venture the step to use container technology for .NET Core in your software solutions and run on container clusters in the cloud.
To get the most out of this workshop, you should be familiar with .NET or .NET Core. Knowledge on containers technology, Azure and Azure DevOps is recommended, but not required. Optionally, you can bring your laptop to follow along.
Recommended installation(if you want to follow):
- Visual Studio 2017 or 2019
- Azure tools: Azure CLI, Kubernetes tooling for Visual Studio
- Azure subscription
- Docker Desktop
- Has been involved in application development since the late nineties.
- Worked as a lead developer and architect at large enterprises and small companies.
- He has received the Microsoft MVP award for Visual Studio and Development Technologies 12 times.
- He spends his time teaching other developers the details of the Microsoft development platform and frameworks.
- Twitter, GitHub