Innovation and Iteration — Understanding how we improve [eng]
It's been said many times — technology moves fast. As do the philosophies behind it. This isn't new — the Pony Express lasted only 18 months before being replaced by telegraph. Why is turnover so fast? What are the benefits and pitfalls to this turnover? Where is the value in what we do?
This talk will take a look at certain aspects of tech to see where we find value, where things have been built on shaky ground, and where strong foundations will move the industry forward.We'll take a look at:
- Philosophies and Fads (Agile, DevOps, BDD/TDD/Shame Driven Development)
- Programming Languages: Emerging vs Established
- Hardware, the Cloud, Containers, and Serverless
Each step will examine what we have learned from our past, what it means now, and where it may lead moving forward.
- PJ is the founder of DevRelate.io and a board member of Open Sourcing Mental Health (OSMHhelp.org)
- He is an organizer of DevOps Days Buffalo, CodeDaze, and ElixirDaze. Additionally, PJ is a developer, writer, speaker, and musician
- He is known to travel the world speaking about programming and the way people think and interact. He is also known for wearing hats
- LinkedIn, Twitter, GitHub