Discussion on how to become a good DevOps engineer
Participants of the discussion:
- Vsevolod Polyakov (DevOps engineer)
- Anton Koshevyi (MacPaw Way)
- Sergii Bielskyi (Eleks)
- Valery Kobyzev (DevOps MLOps Engineer)
The experts will discuss these points, and not only:
- Who DevOps actually is? What are some of the key skills and knowledge areas that a DevOps engineer should have? Yaml engineers — is it possible to be devops knowing only yaml? Is dev skills needed? Which language better to learn? How can you stay up-to-date with the latest trends and technologies in the DevOps field?
- What role does automation play in the DevOps workflow, and how can CI/CD processes be optimized for maximum efficiency?
- What are some best practices for monitoring applications in a DevOps environment, and how can these practices be optimized for maximum effectiveness?
- What are some best practices for troubleshooting applications in a DevOps environment, and how can these practices be optimized for maximum effectiveness?
- Can DevOps practices and habits be used without cloud (for example on your own datacentre)?
- How to talk about money? How to choose a correct place to grow?
- Stories from the own experience of experts of discussion: what mistakes in DevOps they made and how they fixed it.
Leave your feedback about the discussion:
- The consultant, technologist, was happy to work in companies such as Datarobot, Ring.com, Grammarly and others
- Currently consulting on infrastructure, architecture, monitoring and devops
- Founder of the largest and most active devops community in Ukraine ukrops.club
- Staff Site Reliability Engineer at MacPaw Way
- Has 15+ years in IT. He worked in the world of VoIP chaos, FreeBSD sects, team leading, MacOS from the DevOps side, of course, and the standard web.
- These days he has been doing a lot of CI/CD for MacOS, ask him anything about that
- Boring part: Kubernetes, Clouds, etc.
- Head of Research and Development Office at ELEKS
- Microsoft Azure MVP
- A multi-skilled expert with comprehensive experience of designing, developing and deploying Cloud and Hybrid architectures and infrastructure for software applications
- Having over 10 years of IT experience Azure and SharePoint infrastructures. Possessing a proven ability to lead project teams to successfully deliver agreed upon solutions of the highest quality, often in complex and challenging customer environments
- He has managed SharePoint Competence Center working in MS partner company
- Organizes events in the community group, writes articles in the blog, participates in the conference as a speaker
- A lead of Ukrainian IoT and SharePoint Community
- He has been a speaker at such conferences as Local community, SQLSaturday, MS Swit, net Fest, Just do It, Azure Day, IoT hackathon etc.
- Twitter, Medium, GitHub
DevOps MLOps Engineer
- Has over 18 years in IT. Started as a Linux/FreeBSD system administrator in a hosting company with almost 1000 servers.
- Has expertise in building data centers and how the Internet works from the ground up, including obtaining an IP/ASN and connecting to an ISP.
- He has extensive experience in highlod. In particular, this includes support for streaming platforms, protection against DDoS mitigation, and network security.
- In addition to commercial development, he also works on own pet projects, many of which later became profitable. He works with bare-metal environment as well as with cloud providers, such as AWS, Azure, GCP.
- Recently, he has been deep dive into cutting edge techologies such as Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence.