Building a cloud-native data platform with security in mind [ukr]
In today's world data is king. It is everywhere, collected seemingly by everyone, yet so many industries lack a good data platform. Cloud technologies enable us to build robust, scalable, and easy-to-use platforms fast, but one might wonder whether it is safe to store sensitive data in the cloud. In this talk, we will explore technical principles of securing a cloud data platform, look at examples in AWS and GCP, and discuss regulatory and compliance requirements.
- Cloud Architect at Zencore
- Natalie is a systems/DevOps/cloud/platform engineer with a strong interest in data platforms and security
- Originally from Kharkiv, Ukraine, she studied and worked in Switzerland before coming to London and evolving her career from banking giants with their own datacenters, to a unicorn healthcare scaleup, to a tiny boutique cloud consultancy
- She's a Google developer expert in Cloud Platform and can be often spotted at conferences and meetups
- When not staring at yaml files, she enjoys traveling, photography, and tequila
- Twitter, Linkedin, Instagram, Medium