Compile like it's 2017
Adoption of Babel 6 is widespread, with more than 1,450 Babel plugins and 800 presets registered on npm today. But, as with all good things, progress is coming and Babel 7 will be released soon.
I'm going to start with Babel 7 changes explanation. Then, let's meet our most powerful and flexible preset - babel-preset-env aka autoprefixer for Babel. I'll show how to decrease compilation time for development environment. How to compile for production with safety and get the lowest possible bundle size at the same time. I'll work through some gotchas like dealing with ES2015 code and UglifyJS. I will try to explain why you don't need to support Chrome 45 and Safari 6. And for an extra treat, I'll show how to build and serve user agent-specific bundles.
Oh, and I'll have plenty of Babel stickers too!
- Guild Master at WIX, software attoreney at Hellyeah LLC
- Babel team member.
- Contributor of 20+ OSS projects with alive user base.
- Full-stack developer that uses technology to solve business problems.
- With team creating HIPAA-compliant apps for U.S. healthcare market, single-page web services, fintech and blockchain apps, open source projects.
- Hype stuff addicted. Convention over configuration. yarn over npm. jest over mocha. global over window. GitHub, Twitter