Testing of mobile applications in the conditions of impossibility of creation of test data
Every QA/QC engineer sooner or later faces the problem of creating test data. There can be many reasons for this:
- there is no implementation at all (for example, you have an application to pay for parcels, but, for some reasons, there is no end-point to create a parcel);
- backend-development delays the implementation of functionality, but you have a response model from the server;
- encrypted databases on the client-side, which do not have access to create test data.
How to be in such cases? In my talk, we learn:
- Practical examples and scenarios for testing mobile applications
- How to test our application with the data we need?
- How to check the behavior of the application in stressful situations, when the server sends errors, or the server is not available at all?
- How to create test data for offline applications?
- How and where local data is stored in mobile devices and how it will help us in testing.