Integration and testing of Elasticsearch with non-trivial queries
Elasticsearch is a popular and reliable search and analytics service. The number of available APIs is more than 20. Elasticsearch is very reliable itself, however, it is a challenge to integrate it correctly and reliably. In the talk, we will consider the following topics:
- how to set-up testable connection to Elasticsearch;
- how to build custom non-trivial queries to Elasticsearch, e.g. applications with an arbitrary number of attributes;
- how to test query builder automatically;
- how to debug search-related issues;
- how to test integration between Python application and Elasticsearch.
The talk is for Python software engineers who have some experience and want to advance their knowledge in Elasticsearch and reliable software development.
- Author of the Patreon page "Reliable software development with Python"
- Director and founder of the First Institute of Reliable Software
- Consultant of CEO and owners of IT companies
- Director and co-founder of IT-company "Design and Test Lab"
- 14 years of experience in software development, top management, and the creation of a successful IT business
- 10 years of experience as a senior lecturer in Kharkov National University of Radio Electronics
- Facebook, Twitter