What does it take to build a host?
Real hardware in the data center: everything you wanted to know but didn’t know how to ask.
- 2020: how to build a server if you don’t use clouds
- How to get rid of or reduce problems when ordering, allocating, and mounting the hardware
- Yes, there are people working in your data center (If you have one)!
- What is hidden in between the server’s power button activation and its appearance in your internal system
- Automation and its role in the process: do exactly what is necessary and enough!
- System reliability engineer at Badoo (service engineering department)
- Anton really likes to solve infrastructure problems
- Skilled systems administrator experienced in designing, developing, implementing, troubleshooting, and supporting 24/7 systems and environments with a really high load
- “If it seems that something can be automated, then most likely it should have been done for a long time”
- Anton works in the tech team behind social networking apps Bumble and Badoo. The products help millions of people build meaningful connections around the world