18 ways to fix MySQL bottlenecks [ru]
The presentation will be focused on dealing with an unexpected high traffic event as it is happening. We will address the impact a traffic spike can have on your database – from poor query response time to replication lag issues – and provide actionable tips and tricks. We will talk about how to bring your database under control, earn performance gains and delight your customers.
- Graduated from M.V. Lomonosov Moscow State University and even in his student years was the technical director of the SpyLOG project — a statistics service for websites
- At the beginning of the 2000s, Peter became an employee of MySQL AB and headed the group of optimization of performance optimization (High-Performance Group) within the company
- In 2006, Petro Zaitsev abroad founded his own company "Percona" with a specialization in MySQL, and according to — to optimize the performance of MySQL and MongoDBⓇ databases
- Peter is also a co-author of the book "MySQL. Performance Optimization (High-Performance MySQL), one of the most popular books on this subject, published by O'Reilly
- He is one of the authors of the Percona Database Performance Blog (formerly — MySQL Performance Blog) and often speaks at technology and business conferences