Indexing and searching NuGet.org with Azure Functions and Search
Which NuGet package was that type in again? In this session, let's build a "reverse package search" that helps to find the correct NuGet package based on a public type name.
Together, we will create a highly-scalable serverless search engine using Azure Functions and Azure Search that performs 3 tasks: listening for new packages on NuGet.org (using a custom binding), indexing packages in a distributed way, and exposing an API that accepts queries and gives our clients the best result. Expect code, insights into the service design process, and more!
- Loves building web and cloud apps
- The main interests are in .NET web technologies, C#, Microsoft Azure and application performance
- A Developer Advocate at JetBrains, and formerly founded MyGet
- An ASP Insider and former Microsoft MVP
- A frequent speaker at various national and international events and organizes Azure User Group events in Belgium
- In his free time, he brews his own beer
- Maarten’s blog can be found here
- GitHub, Twitter