Building Security Champions
With security teams being vastly outnumbered many organizations have responded to this challenge with different program scaling methods, including building security champions programs. Which leads us to questions; How does a security champions program work? How do you select your champions? And once you have them, what do you DO with them?
This session will teach you:
- How to attract the right people to your program
- What and how to train them
- How to engage them, and turn them into security advocates
- What do delegate and what NOT to delegate
- What to communicate, how often, and to who
- How to motivate them
- How to build an AMAZING security champion program
- Tanya Janca, also known as SheHacksPurple, is the best-selling author of ‘Alice and Bob Learn Application Security’. She is also the founder of We Hack Purple, an online learning academy, community and podcast that revolves around teaching everyone to create secure software.
- Has been coding and working in IT for over twenty years, won countless awards, and has been everywhere from startups to public service to tech giants (Microsoft, Adobe, & Nokia).
- She has worn many hats; startup founder, pentester, CISO, AppSec Engineer, and software developer.
- She is an award-winning public speaker, active blogger & streamer and has delivered hundreds of talks and trainings on 6 continents.
- She values diversity, inclusion, and kindness, which shines through in her countless initiatives.